Mrs. Rodriguez was born in Ponce, Puerto Rico, but made Florida her permanent home since 1997. After finishing her undergraduate studies with concentrations in Business Management, Mrs. Rodriguez completed a Master's Degree in Organizational Management, where she graduated with High Honors and in the top 5% of her class.
Mrs. Rodriguez attended law school at the Florida A&M University (FAMU), College of Law, located in Orlando. While in law school, Mrs. Rodriguez was invited to become a member of FAMU's Law Review. Mrs. Rodriguez graduated cum laude from FAMU's College of Law and ranked in the top 12% of the total class.
After graduation, Mrs. Rodriguez worked, as a prosecutor, at the State Attorney's Office for the Fifth Judicial Circuit in both Marion and Lake County. Mrs. Rodriguez also worked as a prosecutor at the State Attorney's Office for the Ninth Judicial Circuit. There, she handled hundreds of county cases, including traffic and misdemeanors. Mrs. Rodriguez litigated many jury trials, with a high conviction rate.
Mrs. Rodriguez litigated numerous Motions to Suppress in DUI and Drug cases, and handled many court proceedings to include Arraignments, Initial Appearances, Pre-trial Conferences, Plea Hearings, Violation of Probation Hearings, Bond Hearings, and other proceedings, as applicable. In addition to handling part of a docket for her division, she was also in charge of handling Appeals for her cases, and answered appellate briefs on trial cases, as well as cases where defendants were asking for post-conviction relief.
In addition to being the President of The Law Office of Karen Rodriguez, P.A., Attorney Rodriguez is also a Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator.
Mrs. Rodriguez strongly believes that every person deserves to have representation and considers herself to be an advocate for those in need of help. She has volunteered for the Legal Aid Society, where she has participated in assisting individuals in need of legal services. Mrs. Rodriguez believes that evaluating all of the events leading to an arrest is imminent in a criminal case, and she will look at every detail of your case to aggressively work towards a resolution. Mrs. Rodriguez considers herself to be a litigator and will fight for your rights in court, regardless of the effort and time required.
Areas Of Practice
- Driving under the Influence
- Drug Possession Cases
- Theft Cases
- DUI Driving Offenses
- Violation of Probation
- Family/Dissolution of Marriage/Child Support
- Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern Florida
- Florida A&M University College of Law, Orlando, Florida
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Ranked in the top 12% of the total class
Honors and Awards
- Book Award Recipient in Criminal Law, Property Law, and Florida Bar Law & Skills
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 under 40
- Staff & Senior Law Review Editor at the Florida A&M University, College of Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National College for DUI Defense, Member
- Central Florida's Young Lawyers Division, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Fifth Judicial Circuit in both Marion and Lake County, Prosecutor
- Ninth Judicial Circuit, Prosecutor